Friday, November 25, 2011

A Happy Thanksgiving

The kids and I had a great Thanksgiving day yesterday. We took a walk with the wagon to collect leaves in the morning before Mister Man's nap.



Then, with one kid sleeping, Little Miss and I did some art projects - turning the leaves into turkey feathers! 

I also found some coloring sheets on Pinterest with a space to write what the child is thankful for, so we did that too. Little Miss is thankful for her friends, Mommy and Daddy, her brother and herself and Grandma and Grandpa and church twice!

I forgot to take a picture of the turkey, but wow, it filled up the whole entire crockpot. I didn't have a specific recipe for how to cook it, but used information I found from a few different online searches for how to cook a turkey in the crockpot. First I stuck a few lemon halves left over from yesterday under the rib cage, then spread canned cranberry sauce over the whole turkey and dropped the extras around what little space was left in the pot. Then I sprinkled the whole thing with a packet of onion soup mix and plenty of black pepper then cooked on low for 8 hours. It was delicious. Trust me. 

After we filled our plates and had just sat down to eat, Deputy Handsome looks over at me and asks "don't you want to take a picture of this?" He knows me too well. 

clockwise from cornbread: sweet potato, roasted potatoes,
green beans, turkey, cranberry. All recipes posted yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment